The zero-waste alternative for filtered water. A pack of 4 or 8 charcoal filters packed in a reusable natural cotton bag. The charcoal filters are reusable, and only require sterilisation once a week. Please find instructions for use below.
Place the filters in a jug filled with tap water and they will slowly filter out impurities such as chlorine and chloramines. Per litre, use 3 to 4 pieces.
Compostable at the end of their life but also can be reused in many other useful ways throughout your home. For instance, scrub up mildewy kitchen and bathroom corners, place in the fridge to keep produce fresh and smells at bay, or position in damp areas to draw moisture out of the air.
Instructions for use:
1. Wash under running water to remove powder (do not use dish soap).
2. Boil for 10 minutes in a pan of water to sterilise, then allow to cool and dry.
3. Place in a jug and fill with tap water (charcoal may float when new).
4. Leave for 8 hours or more for best results.
5. Re-sterilise once a week by repeating step 2.
6. Replace with new charcoal after approx. 2 months.